Article 2, Part 3 – Registered Organizations and Organization Fund
§ 2-316 Student Organization Advisory Board
- The purpose of the Student Organization Advisory Board is to foster intentional student engagement and involvement. The Student Organization Advisory Board provides feedback on pressing student issues that impact full engagement in the co-curricular experience. Meetings throughout the academic year encourage discussion on new initiatives and emergent issues. The Board’s recommendations help to influence The Department of Student Engagement goals, services, and overall effectiveness.
- The Board serves as a vehicle for information sharing and support between and among key student leaders, and advocates for university clubs and organizations.
- The Board encourages students, clubs and organizations to be contributors to an overall active student life on the campus.
- The Board encourages the exploration of programmatic efforts without taking away the ownership of events from sponsoring entities. Ultimately, the board serves as a clearinghouse of information.
- The Board solicits and recommends fiscal support for student organization administration, operations and programming.
Membership of the board shall consist of undergraduate and graduate students, faculty and staff that have interest and expertise in student organization matters. Student members shall be selected by annual application and interview. Membership shall include the following:
- The Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs or the Vice Chancellor’s designee.
- Two faculty or staff, appointed by the Vice Chancellor or the Vice Chancellor’s designee through the Student Affairs Committee process.
- Seven (7) students (graduate or undergraduate), selected from application and interview available in the fall and spring semesters.
- Terms of student members shall be one year with vacancies filled via appointment by the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs or a designee.
- Terms of faculty and staff members shall be for no more than (3) consecutive years.
- A chairperson of the Advisory Board shall be selected annually by the members of the board.